Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thank You, Papa John's

For the $165 pizza.

Long story short, I ordered a pizza from Papa John's on THURSDAY. The order came to something like $15, plus tip. No big deal. I had plenty of money in my account. I put it on my debit card, and everything was happy.

I continue to spend money - gas, food, and a tshirt that I saw on www.shirt.woot.com that was pretty friggin' awesome. Still, I have plenty of money in my account.

Sunday night, I made plans to go to lunch at Ichiban Noodles with some friends the next day. I checked my account balance before I left, at 10am, and I had plenty of money to get food. My sushi came out to $16. I paid, because I had at least $20 in my account.

This morning I get a call that my account is overdrawn and I have $90 in fees, and they're going to hit me with another $75 by the end of the day. Luckily, my wonderful stepmother who deserves the praise of angel choirs wrote me a check for $200 for a little favor I did for her the other day as we're getting ready to move, and that put me in the clear.

What, I wondered, could possibly have gotten me THAT overdrawn?

I went online to check my account statement one more time.

The pizza didn't fucking post til LAST NIGHT.

Seriously, Papa John's. WTF.

Now, yes, I know, I should be able to do math. I know. But a DEBIT CARD PURCHASE should have been rung up THE NIGHT or at the very least the day AFTER I made the purchase. Especially for something as paltry as $15 plus tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment